These are the topics we cover in this article:
- Introduction to User Management
- User Roles
- User Email Domain
- Invite a User
- Pending Account Status
- Deactivate User Account
Introduction to User Management
Administrators can invite team members, assign user roles and delete user accounts through the Manage Users page under the Admin section of the main menu.
There are three user roles available:
The Admin has access to all portal features:
- view advanced analytics
- create and edit labels, workflows, and rules
- edit and view the Business Profile. Features here include setting risk groups, approved domains and order expiration workflows.
- invite, edit or deactivate any member to or from any role
- view the dashboard, orders, order lists, and workflow queues
- access to all Fraud.net tools and functionality available
The Manager's role is to manage those in the User role and have an understanding of the parameters the Admin has set. The Manager has view-only access to many Admin tools and full access to all User functionality. This includes:
- view-only access to all settings: rules, labels, queues, and lists. Managers can not add, edit or delete any setting, only view.
- invite, edit or deactivate any member to or from the User role. Managers can not view, invite, edit or deactivate other managers or any admin.
- no access to the Business Profile page.
The User has access to the dashboard, orders, order lists, and workflow queues. They are able to approve, cancel, or queue transactions. The User's primary objective is to review transactions.
User Email Domain
Fraud.net limits all users to specific email domains. The email address of a new user must have a domain that has been entered into the Approved User Domains section of the business profile. For example, if you want to invite a user with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, then fraud.net must be in the business profile.
Invite a User
To invite a user, choose Admin > Users accounts in the main menu (see the figure below). In the top left corner, select Invite User.
In the popup, choose the account type from the drop-down, enter the email address, first name, and last name. Click the Invite button to close the popup and create the new user account.
The user will receive an email message containing a link. Clicking that link will take the user to a page to create an account password.
Pending Account Status
Until the new user finalizes the new account by creating a password, it will remain in pending status. Click the Pending button to see a listing of user accounts that remain in this status. To resend the new account email message to a pending user, click the small refresh icon for that user—as shown in the figure.
Deactivate a User Account
To deactivate an account, click to move the toggle to the off position. The user will be unable to access the account and this account will now appear in the Inactive listing.